We’ve set out to build tools that empower tech-led companies to grow and compete.
Our goal is to create a suite of smarter products that take away the pains of growing and protecting revenue in subscription and e-commerce platforms.
We have an exciting path ahead of us and there is lots to do. We want to build products that are as easy to use as they are to build. We're looking for a Backend Software Engineer who's as excited by this challenge as we are.
About the role
As one of our first engineering hires, you'll have the ability to move fast and develop the core architecture. You'll be working closely with experienced engineers and designers in a small, collaborative team, so you can expect an unparalleled opportunity to work across the entire stack.
We’re a very young company - just over 6 months old - and there's only a handful of us at the moment. We’re fully funded so we can focus on building and launching the team product for the foreseeable future.
What we need
- 2+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications with Laravel.
- You will be familiar with the Laravel ecosystem.
- Experience with integrating 3rd party platforms (e.g. Stripe, Zendesk)
- You practice honing your engineering craft, expanding your skills in techniques such as TDD, refactoring, clean code and pair programming.
- You will ideally be familiar with AWS, DigitalOcean and Laravel Forge.
- You understand the importance of delighting users with your product while making sure it remains stable, performant, observable and supportable.
- A passion for clean, maintainable, secure, tested code.
- An understanding of security when building products for the web.
- Strong communication and organisational skills — you'll be able to work effectively in teams or work autonomously as needed.
- Experience working closely with designers, researchers and stakeholders.
- If you happen to have any experience of working with Go we’d love to see it.
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Have a little bit of industry experience and would like to join a company you can grow with.
- Want to work as part of a small, multi-disciplined team in close partnership with designers, marketers and sales folks.
- Enjoy working through a problem on your own, but know to get help when you need it.
- Enjoy the autonomy, uncertainty and unpredictability that comes with an early stage company.
This role might not be for you if you:
- Want to work on a large team with established practices and lots of structure.
- Want to grow your technical expertise in a specific domain. This will be a generalist role.
- Want a traditional delivery team with heavy documentation, clearly scoped out tickets, a scrum master etc.